Fresco produces extraordinary books for artists, galleries, and museums. We take a personal interest in each project and take the time to understand the artist and the work. Fresco brings together experts in every facet of book production and publishing, offering award-winning design, excellent printers and color experts, and professional writers.
• Fresco manages the project from start to finish, provides design, production services, and on-site press checks, advising the client along the way in making decisions crucial to creating an excellent book.
• Fresco can provide writers with specific art expertise for your book. We can work with a writer of your choosing or approach specific writers on your behalf.
• Fresco Books are printed in Italy using experienced Italian fine art printers. Their use state-of-the-art equipment, their excellent service, short turnaround time, and superior printing by master printers make printing a pleasure. Fresco co-owner and designer is on press in Italy for the printing of each book ensuring the highest quality and accurate color. On occasion, Fresco also prints in the US and Asia when time constraints are an issue.
• Mankus Studios in Santa Fe works very closely with Fresco and each artist. Works of art are directly captured digitally in 16-bit color for highly accurate results, or are scanned conventionally with the studio’s drum scanner from existing transparencies. Proofs are then prepared for the artist’s approval, allowing for fine-tuning of the reproductions to the artist’s specifications. Final proofs calibrated to our printer’s press are then used by press operators.
• The University of New Mexico Press, one of the premier cultural institutions in the country, distributes and markets Fresco Books nationally and internationally. Fresco can also design supplementary marketing strategies for your book.